Benefits of being a member of the Lunar Society
The Society is open to everyone who feels an affinity with the Society’s philosophy and provides the opportunity to become part of a uniquely influential forum. Membership fees help support events for members, funding the secretariat and annual events such as the AGM and the Annual Dinner.
The Lunar Society is a registered charity no. 1174716.
As well as being part of a uniquely influential, neutral forum for ideas, there are many reasons to join The Lunar Society:
- Being able to meet, talk and debate issues of the day with lively, informed minds
- Contribute to shaping decision-making in the region
- Priority information about and discounted booking for all Society events
- Opportunities to join the various Society committees and thematic groups
- Voting rights at our AGM
- Playing a part in the Society’s activities and future development
- Corporate members have the opportunity to sponsor Lunar Society events
Formerly the full membership category, Fellowship carries with it the designation ‘A Fellow of The Lunar Society’ – FLS. Joint subscription is available at an additional cost of £25 but only the principal (first) could use the FLS designation. Fellowship is limited to 250 persons.
Cost: £125 pa
Joint/Spouse Partner membership is designed for those people who wish to join the Society together as Fellows and attend events together.
Cost: £150 pa
This category provides a lower cost association with the Society and also enables progression in that Associates can in due course progress to becoming Fellows.
Cost: £50 pa
Corporate membership is designed for businesses, organisations and educational institutions with the option of registering several members to attend events. Corporate members also have the first opportunity to sponsor Lunar Society events.
Cost: £500 pa